27 November 2008

Flights, flights, flights Part 2



As promised, this is the overdue Part 2. Now let me start by saying... what is the event that you look forward to the most during a long haul flight? The take-off? The landing? Or the screening of another movie?

For me, MEAL time! Yeah.. half the time I complain about the meals on board. I'm one of those passengers who will feel extremely miserable if the portions are too small or the food is bad (I mean tastes bad). I'm always really hungry once the plane takes off from the runway. I look forward to every single thing that is served up to me. A pack of peanuts, a cup of orange juice or (HOORAY!!!) the plate of plane food.

I usually start to doze off during the take-off. But my super sensory skills will alert me that a meal will be served soon once I hear the sound of the Meal Cart (or whatever you call it). I will start to straighten my seat or grumble under my breath when the passenger in front of me has his seat leaned towards my direction. Prepare the nice little tablette and wait for my portion of food. I guess I must be real easy to please! Yes and I gobble up all the food at lightning pace too!

The other strange phenomenon on board a flight occurs right after meal time and the trays of waste are collected from each seat. You will see a sudden wave of people getting up from their seats and charging towards the toilet. Erm.. 4 cubicles to an entire plane of passengers... you can imagine the queue.... gosh. I wonder if everyone has suddenly developed the habit to rinse their mouth or brush their teeth after every meal??? Good dental habits there eh?

Next complaint on the list... the in flight entertainment. I'm appalled how big a difference this makes to my entire journey. A couple of times I've chosen to take a cheaper airline and was stuck with some crap seat controls for that don't work (so I had to endure the entire flight without any sort of entertainment). And what I took for granted, the individual LCD monitor instead of the shared 3 TV screens for the entire flight. Help! I don't want to see the passenger's head while watching the movie.

So what's your complaint list?

No comments: