10 August 2009

Travel and Living



This blog has been closed to access for quite a while and I sincerely apologise. I guess it was for the better as there was no new content for months. I'm just not inspired to blog!

With this new post, I'm opening up my blog again. I'm starting another chapter in my life in another country. Not a new one but my homeland. I've been living outside of Singapore for almost 6 years. Now my homeland is welcoming me back with open arms and new opportunities.

So I'm reviving this blog with a new injection .. a new theme.. Living in a Foreign Land, An Expatriate's experience. How it feels to live, study and work in another land. I hope my blog inspires those who are considering about the move to boldly step forward. Do feel free to share your experiences. Or I'll be most willing to share my part of the story.

All said and done, I guess we all know it's vastly different when you live or travel in a country. When you are on vacation, everything seems prettier. The flowers smell fresher. The local culture looks interesting. But when you live in it, you'll start to develop certain resentments which I think most people pick up overtime. It is an unhealthy obsession to nitpick your host country but I think this helps in a certain way to cope with the homesickness.

And looking forward to the next post, do come back or leave a comment.

3 comments:

Magnus said...

I hope will find new inspiration. Writing is easily influed by our mood and motivation. I wish you good luck (I also noticed a nice picture from Croatia in your sicebar).

SheR. said...

>>Magnus.
Thanks. My first commenter since I opened my blog.

It's true writing is a very emotional thing. Pretty much like opening our brains to search for words!

The picture of the beach on the sidebar is taken in Rijeka! :)

Sultana said...

Sher, when you mention about the developed resentment and nitpicking your host country, I can relate to that. LOL

It is indeed a surprise to me that you moved back to Singapore all of a sudden. But I guess living in S'pore is economically better I think. Not to mention the familiar things.

At times I wish I can just pack and go too. hmmm... Now your fiance has to take his turn of being an expat in Singapore. How do you take your cat along?